We offer a web-based freemium service that securely and automatically fetches all your monthly bills and statements from your financial and household vendors every month and delivers them to the storage location of your choice – Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more. Think mint.com – but for your documents. We recently closed a Series A round and are on the verge of taking off. Oh, and Guy Kawasaki is one of our advisors! If you’re looking to work with a highly motivated, passionate, close knit team of excellent individuals, we might be what you’re looking for.
We are based in Marin County, just north of San Francisco, but we have a “virtual office”, so you’ll work from home. If you are based anywhere in the SF Bay Area, you are well situated. If you are based anywhere else in North America, we would still welcome an opportunity to talk with you.
If you are a Senior Java Developer with proven success developing highly scalable and concurrent web application back ends, please read on!
Minimum Required Skills:
Java, API design and development, Spring (or similar), Java Database Abstraction, Linux, Tomcat, Server-Side Clustering and Scaling
What you need for this position:
– 5+ years of experience in software development.
– Extensive experience working with Java, and Java-based application servers, databases, and back-end web technologies.
– Experience developing and documenting clean and functional APIs.
– Experience working on clustered, multi-component, multi-threaded, distributed web applications.
– Comfort with one or more scripting languages (Python preferred, but Perl, PHP, etc. also gain points)
– Experience with Agile development methodologies.
– Proven ability to multitask in a highly collaborative environment.
– Exceptional communication skills.
– Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills.
– Excited by technology and how it can improve people’s lives.
Skills that will earn you bonus points:
– Experience in supporting third party development against a back-end service via a well designed API.
– Experience developing against multiple third party web service APIs, especially storage APIs like DropBox or Google Drive.
– Experience with Consul, Redis, or other “network shared memory” and “service registration” technologies.
– Experience with message passing technologies like RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ or Amazon SQS.
– Exerience with development for and deployment to AWS.
What you’ll be doing:
– Writing exceptional Java and Python code.
– Owning the development of major areas of the server-side logic for the company’s high traffic web application.
– Supporting the use of our platform by a small number of high-profile third party web solution providers.
– Contributing to key architectural decisions that directly impact the scalability of the company’s applications.
– Working with leading technologies across our entire technology stack.
– Developing elegant APIs to allow web development teams to interact with our applications.
– Collaborating with other developers to design complete solutions for new features and application components.
– Coming up with innovative ideas to help shape our agile software development processes and practices.
– Researching and recommending new and emerging technologies.
What’s in it for you:
– Flexible work environment and hours offered by a work-at-home job
– Ground-floor participation in a exciting and promising startup
– Competitive compensation, including stock options
– Comprehensive benefits package
If you are a Java Developer with many or all of the skills listed above, please send us a resume in Word or PDF format.