We are looking for a Web Designer (Graphic/UX)
We are looking for a Web Designer, with strong graphic design expertise and some UX background in consumers apps (web/mobile). You have a broad and strong portfolio spanning landing pages, branding, on-boarding, and ideally some experience in designing web and mobile applications. You are a self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills and be able to handle projects with minimal direction.
- Deliver high-quality graphic solutions to build a superior consumer experiences on the web
- Create / iterate responsive landing pages with the goal of increasing conversion
- Develop new SEO optimized web pages that may include analytics tracking, registration form and email integration
- Adhere to design and performance standards for mobile and desktop web users
- Adhere to and continue to develop our brand, identity and guidelines
- Seek to stay current with best practices that will improve the web and mobile presence
- Be the design resource for the marketing and product teams
- Stay up to date with digital design and marketing trends
- Create detailed flows and wireframes for our mobile/web app
- Constantly push our web and mobile user experience forward
- Several years of experience designing websites
- A rock solid portfolio that speaks for itself
- Familiar with mobile web design and mobile application design
- Possess an expert understanding of typography, visual design, and web/mobile layout
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and illustration tools to assist in the creative process
- Ability to write valid semantic markup utilizing the latest in CSS3 and HTML5, with a strong focus on web standards
- Familiar with a/b testing tools such as Google Experiments, Optimizely etc
- Familiar with cross-browser nuances
- Ability to juggle multiple deliverables and work within a fast paced environment.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Familiar with version control systems – Subversion, Git
- Experience with Web Accessibility standards
- Experience with optimizing WordPress themes
- Familiar with SEO best practices
- Experience with WordPress CMS
- Passionate about designing for a product
We offer a web/app-based freemium service that securely and automatically fetches all your monthly bills and statements from your financial and household vendors every month and delivers them to the storage location of your choice – Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more. Think mint.com – but for your documents.
We recently closed a Series A round and signed a multi-year agreement with a Fortune 500 company. We have been featured in Time, Forbes, Lifehacker, TechCrunch, and WSJ amongst others, and are on the verge of taking off. Oh, and Guy Kawasaki is one of our advisors! If you’re looking to work with a highly motivated, passionate, close knit team of excellent individuals, we’re interested.
We are based in beautiful Marin County, just north of San Francisco.
What’s in it for YOU:
- Ground-floor participation in an exciting and promising startup
- Competitive compensation comprised of salary, stock and benefits
- Ability to work with gifted and experienced senior engineers
- Flexible work environment and hours offered by a work-at-home job
Please send your resume and a cover letter to martin AT filethispro.com